Ran across this recipe over at Zoom Yummy. I made these biscuits a while back and they were absolutely delicious. It’s about time to make them again. They are so darn good!
Here are the ingredients:
And here’s the bacon.
It’s a crucial part of the magic.
1. To make your own Bacon and Cheese Biscuits, first preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
2. Then slice the bacon thinly.
3. In a large pan, fry the bacon over moderate heat until crisp.
This will take a couple of minutes.
4. When beautifully crispy, remove the bacon from the pan and crumble it finely.
5. Grab the cheese and grate it.
Just like this.
This is a lot of cheese.
The cheese mostly will constitute the flavor of your biscuits. So choose the one you really like.
It’s completely up to you.
I used Leerdammer. Next time I’ll try Cheddar, I think.
It’s fun because the biscuits can be different every time.
6. Now we need a large bowl.
Using a pastry cutter (or just a fork), combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper and butter until crumbs form.
7. Stir in the grated cheese and the bacon.
8. Then add the milk…
9. …and stir together just until the dry ingredients are well moistened.
10. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough 4 – 5 times.
To make the biscuits perfectly soft, the trick is not to over-knead the dough.
11. Roll it out to about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thickness.
When it gets sticky use some flour to make the job easier.
12. Cut out rounds using a 2-inch (5 cm) cutter.
Pat the scraps together, re-roll them and cut out some more rounds.
13. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange your biscuits on the sheet about 1/2 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
14. And bake them for about 15 minutes.
These are so yummy. Enjoy, dear friends!
posted by Mountain Republic recipe via: ZoomYummy