From my Grandmother’s hand-written files.
Ingredients For filling:
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 2 packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or similar)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TSP. vanilla
Ingredients For Crust:
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1/2 pint sour cream (8 oz.)
- 2 TSP. sugar
- 1 TSP. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Put the eggs, cream cheese, sugar & vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Beat ingredients with egg beater until smooth.
- Make the crust by lining a greased pie pan with crushed graham crackers.
- Pour in mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Increase oven to 400°.
- Mix together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla for the topping and spread on top of baked filling.
- Return pie to the oven and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
posted by Mountain Republic recipe by Amy Chenevert
Posted in BAKING, COOKING, DESSERT, DINNER, FOOD, GRANDMA'S RECIPES, INGREDIENTS, PIE, RECIPES, Uncategorized
Tagged cheese cake, cheesecake, cheesecake recipes, Eggs, graham crackers, grandmother's recipe box, grandmother's recipes, homemade cheesecake, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, sour cream, Sugar, vanilla
A nice & light Lemon Sponge Cake from one of my Grandmother’s handwritten recipes. This one really couldn’t be any quicker or any easier. Here we go:
Ingredients and Preparation:
- 1 package Duncan Hines “Lemon Supreme” Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package Jello Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- 4 eggs
Disregard directions on the cake mix box. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat well with electric mixer. Pour mixture into well greased tube pan.
Bake 55 minutes at 350°. Let cool. Remove from pan to finish cooling.
posted by Mountain Republic recipe by Ruth Hagen
Posted in BAKING, CAKE, COOKING, DESSERT, FOOD, RANDOM, RECIPES, Uncategorized
Tagged bake a cake, baking, baking recipes, CAKE, cake recipes, cakes, grandmother's recipe box, grandmother's recipes, lemon cake, lemon sponge cake, quick & easy recipe, quick and easy recipes, recipes, sponge cake