This hand-written recipe from my Mom was dated Xmas 1952. I remember that my Aunt loved this Christmas Salad recipe & she always served it at her Christmas dinners. On the lower corner of the index card, my Mom scribbled the word “delish!” Hope you enjoy.
Merry Christmas to all from Mountain Republic!
- 1 box Lime Jello
- 1 box Cherry Jello
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 jar Bing salad cherries, pitted
- 1 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
- whipped cream or Cool Whip etc.
- red or green Maraschino cherries
- Prepare Lime Jello according to directions on package, except use the pineapple juice in place of part of the water.
- Add the pineapple (& nuts if desired) to the Lime Jello.
- Prepare Cherry Jello according to directions on package, except use the Bing cherry juice in place of part of the water.
- Add the pitted Bing cherries to the Cherry Jello.
- Mold in separate layers. Chill.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with green or red Maraschino cherry.
- Healthy Ideas for Side Dishes at Christmas Dinner (brighthub.com)