“Fondant” candy is made from a thick, creamy sugar paste. Fondant is also one of several kinds of icing-like substances that are used to decorate cakes and sculpt pastries. In French, the word fondant means “melting”. These candies will definitely melt in your mouth!
- 1/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 TSP. butter
- few grains of salt
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup candied fruit
- food coloring* (optional)
Mix the mashed potatoes, butter and salt. Stir in the powdered sugar and beat well.
Fold in the coconut, nuts and candied fruit. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
*Tip from DF: A few drops of food coloring can be added so the candies match a theme or holiday.
- How to Make Fondant (candymaking.net)
- Cake Decorating: Baby Shower Cakes and Frosting Recipes (linksalphatest.wordpress.com)
- Tutorial Tuesday: Fondant Roses (gemcitytiffany.wordpress.com)