She who masters
a flaky pie crust
is insured a place
in our hearts.
pies: pecan, lemon, coconut cream
apple, mincemeat, cherry
are still fresh in my mind,
Her kitchen a haven for all
cup of coffee, hunk of pie
cures what ails you.
filled her pies
and last even today
as I remember
those happy times.
via: Grandmother’s Pies — Source of Inspiration
From my Grandmother’s hand-written files.
Ingredients For filling:
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 2 packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or similar)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TSP. vanilla
Ingredients For Crust:
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1/2 pint sour cream (8 oz.)
- 2 TSP. sugar
- 1 TSP. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Put the eggs, cream cheese, sugar & vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Beat ingredients with egg beater until smooth.
- Make the crust by lining a greased pie pan with crushed graham crackers.
- Pour in mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Increase oven to 400°.
- Mix together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla for the topping and spread on top of baked filling.
- Return pie to the oven and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
posted by Mountain Republic recipe by Amy Chenevert
A nice & light Lemon Sponge Cake from one of my Grandmother’s handwritten recipes. This one really couldn’t be any quicker or any easier. Here we go:
Ingredients and Preparation:
- 1 package Duncan Hines “Lemon Supreme” Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package Jello Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- 4 eggs
Disregard directions on the cake mix box. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat well with electric mixer. Pour mixture into well greased tube pan.
Bake 55 minutes at 350°. Let cool. Remove from pan to finish cooling.
posted by Mountain Republic recipe by Ruth Hagen