In my paternal grandmother’s notebook she kept for her cook was the following recipe written in her hand. The notebook no doubt dates from the 20s’ and 30s’ since she died in 1941.
Ham Biscuit Ring
- Put through the food grinder (you can use a Cuisinart but don’t get the meat too fine) 1 lb cooked ham.
- Add ham to your favorite rich biscuit recipe, adding an extra teaspoon of baking powder to the mix.
- Bake in well-greased ring mold until done – in moderate oven (350)
- Turn out on hot platter and fill the center with hot buttered peas.
- Surround with peach halves filled with ground nut meats, brown sugar and butter having been glazed on a cookie sheet in the oven (375).